Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tassia in the UK - Bath.. back after 5 years!

Alright, alright.. I know what you're all thinking.. enough with the UK holiday posts, already! It's almost autumn (or fall) and I'm still posting stuff from my holiday in May. This will be the last one.. I swear, but this is also the one UK holiday post that has a special place in my heart. :-)

You see.. back in May 2009, more than 5 years ago,.. I started going out into the public. Not just standing outside nervously for a quick pic after which I dove inside the house! Proper going to other cities by public transport.. shopping in stores.. going to bars. And by August 2009, I went on a small holiday to.. yes.. the UK. And during my time there.. I did dress.

So, being back in Bath after 5 years.. dressed up again, with more confidence,.. it was quite a memorable moment. And I did insist on getting a photo of me in front of Abbey Church,.. just like I did back in 2009. :-D

Standing in front of Abbey Church in a black dress, red leather jacket and black high heels
Me at Abbey Church, Bath, 2014

Of course, I did most of the things tourists would do. Sight-seeing, shopping.. and when I saw one of those typical red phone boxes.. I just had get a photo of myself in it. I think it matches well with my red leather jacket. :-P

red phone box
As you can see in the photos, the weather that day was perfect and when it's sunny,.. I think Bath is at its most beautiful!

Natassia Bath river Avon

Even when the wind was blowing because of all the high buildings and churches.. it was possible to get some nice pictures. Of course, I once again was lucky that I was accompanied by a friend who was willing to take multiple shots of me. If it weren't for her.. or my other friends, making these blogposts (or stuff on Flickr, Facebook or YouTube).

Natassia Abbey Church other side

Anyway, just wanted to make this a short and sweet little post about how after I revisited Bath all dressed up after 5 years. It's moments like these that make me pause and look at the journey I've taken. :)

Just like the previous UK posts, no videos.. so enjoy the videos with the short dress and pink dress. See ya next time! :)






3 comments:

  1. Natassia it looks like you had a blast, and you look great! Kudos to your photographers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I always try to have a blast.. that's the whole point of holidays... and living in general! :)

      And indeed.. thanks to my photographers.. without whom a lot of this would not be possible!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a real good time there.i think it's always very fun to return to a place because then you see it with different eyes :)

    ReplyDelete