Sunday, April 26, 2015

A day in Amsterdam - casually dressed again

>> CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT VIDEO <<

Non-Dutch people always seem to think that everyone from the Netherlands lives near Amsterdam and that we all are very familiar with the gay capital of the world. Truth is.. when I'm in Amsterdam, I'm just as much a tourist as most of the foreigners visiting our capital. :P

Natassia Crystal at Amsterdam Station casually dressed

So, last Friday, it was excellent weather and I was meeting my friend Bianca Holland to stroll around the city, visit a museum, have tea/coffee and good food.. and just to catch up in general. And what was even better, Bianca is pretty much an expert on the history and culture of Amsterdam, so I couldn't wish for a better city tour guide! :)


During the afternoon, I had some lovely fresh mint tea and after walking for hours in the museum and through the streets of the city.. we sat down for a plate of salmon, stir-fried spinach and chips. My portion was quite big, so I could not finish it all! A girl's gotta watch her figure, am I right? ;-)

Natassia on a bridge over the Amsterdam Canal


Since we were doing a lot of walking, I wore comfy ankle boots with a sturdy 8 cm heel (about 3 inches). And since it was sunny, but not that warm.. I opted for a casual jeans/top/leather jacket outfit. So yeah, that's two casual outfit posts in a row. Hope you don't mind!


We visited the Amsterdam Museum, which gives a nice overview how Amsterdam transformed from a small village surrounded by water to one of the most important and influential cities in the Netherlands and arguably... in the world (said with a Jeremy Clarkson voice).

Natassia Crystal serving beer and other liquor

They even made a replica of a typical small pub inside the museum. They modelled this one after a pub that was probably one of the first lesbian bars. Care for a drink? :P



On a beautiful day like this, we of course also visited a few monuments outside. On the left, the National Monument on the Dam Square. On the right, me posing on the Rembrandt Square.


Finally, I had to see the "Maagdenhuis", where the board of directors of the University of Amsterdam resides. In 1969, students occupied this building in order to demand more influence on university policy. During the last months, so February/March 2015, students again occupied the Maagdenhuis. Again, to demand more influence and to protest the current corporate thinking in the academic environment.


All in all, I had a wonderful day and many thanks to Bianca for showing me the beauty of Amsterdam. I had a great time! :)

(no video of this day, so enjoy the last two!)





21 comments:

  1. Amsterdam looks like such a beautiful place and love your chic outfit too!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post ! I would love to go to Amsterdam one day :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! great style dear!
    kisses

    http://pearlsandrosesdiary.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit and stunning pictures. ^^
    New outfit is online...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful casual look and great pics!
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful casual look and great pics!
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there,ciao Natassia...nice post wuith lovely photos,Amsterdam is a such beautiful city.
    Your outfit is stunning on you make shining your gorgeous femininty...cheers!
    gretings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos, I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam and somehow never manage to plan a trip there.

    xx Z&G

    www.temple-of-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to go to amsterdam so bad! love the photos :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with Amsterdam.I love the people and fun life over there.Great look!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! Love your look :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great outfit and photos of amsterdam, it's my favourite city
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to Amsterdam Natassia, but I think it's a wonderful city and your pictures confirm this. I hope one day to visit it. Have a nice day, kisses and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks cool dear
    lena
    http://skinnycature.com/combination-braids-half-updo/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Makes me wanna travel to Amsterdam now!
    xoxox Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had so much fun in Amsterdam! And I love this casual look. It's perfect for A'dam ^^ Especially crushing big time on your jacket ^^

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete