Saturday, July 15, 2017

High heels dance performance

>> CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT VIDEO <<

As some of you might know from my other social media accounts (mostly Flickr, Facebook and Instagram).. I have been following high heels dance classes since the fall last year. I had never danced in my 40-year life.. and I just wanted learn some graceful feminine moves. And perhaps not make a fool of myself if I ever found myself on the dance-floor! :-P

So, imagine my hesitation when the dance teacher, at the beginning of this year, asked our group if we wanted to perform at the end-of-season festival! After a bit of thinking, we all said: what the heck.. and we went for it!


And all the photos that you see in this post were the result of taking a risk and saying yes! :-D


The festival was on the 2nd of July.. and there were two session scheduled: on in the morning and in the afternoon. So, we had to get there early and get in our dresses and do our make-up. And of course, snapping pics for Instagram.


Of course, we had to make a group photo! Sadly, our teacher was missing in this photo, because she was also very busy running the rest of the show.


Fortunately, the professional photographer took a pic of the 6 of us together striking a pose!


Here is an action shot of me... I'm just relieved the photographer caught me in a somewhat okay pose. It's very easy to catch someone in very uncharming pose when they are dancing! :-P


I don't often take selfies, but this one in the changing room was quite all right. I guess I should be thankful for smart-phone filters! :-P


And this is us after the performance.. giving our feet a little bit of rest!

Needless to say, it was an amazing experience and I hope to be part of this next year!


 Have a great weekend!


There is a DVD of the whole performance available for sale. I still have to buy. In the mean time, you can see part of the performance on Instagram! And of course, you can watch the last 2 videos I posted on YouTube. :-)






9 comments:

  1. I would never give you 40, you look much younger :-) You look like you really enjoyed this show, great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks like a fun experience!

    Sadie
    Aim For Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had so much fun, plus you don't look 40 at all.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING! So proud of you for stepping outside of your comfort zone! You go, gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Kristen Tanabe
    Elizabeth, Marie, and Me
    www.elizabethmarieandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing hun! I can barely walk in heels, let alone dance! Haha xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :D Amazing :D
    Have a nice day Natassia ;)

    Leyraa Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing performance. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natassia
    As others have already said, you most definitely don't look 40. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story. Actually, it's a real feelgood story on a number of levels. The five of you look amazing in your dance dresses. My favourite photo is the post performance one -it's just so true to life.
    Best regards
    Pamela xxx

    ReplyDelete